Bacon Bliss Balls man style recipe
It’s time to let my partners secret out, one of his all time favourite camping meals that is a hit anytime. What are they? They’re called BBQ Bliss balls and they will fill you up, keep you full and may even keep the kids quiet for a little while! Yes they are that good.
We make these in advance and keep them in the fridge (or even freeze them if you are going camping) until it is time to devour them. You can even cook these in aluminium foil straight on the fire. This recipe is great because it is so versatile. I promise that once you try these you will want to make these all the time. What is great is you can add anything you want to the mince, add more bacon….yeah even more! Maybe throw in some vegies or different cheeses!
Chunky Crunchy Hand Cut Chips
Mix together the following
- 1 kg Minced Beef
- 5/6 Onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 500/700 grams of streaky or middle rashes tailed.
- Triple Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup of gluten free bread crumbs (amount will vary depending on mince grade)
- Top and tail the onion, peel off the outer skin and then gently slice through the first layer of onion.
- Carefully peel it off, keep it in one piece so it doesn’t lose its shape. Dice remaining onion to add to the beef filling and put into a freezer bag and freeze for another day.
- Slice up Brie into cubes
- Using your hands mix the mince, eggs and salt pepper till fully combined
- Wrap the meat mixture around the cheese to form a ball
- Pack the meat ball into the onion skin until it is full and solid. Pat down the top and bottom to ensure a smooth round shape.
- Now it’s time for the bacon. Firstly, wrap a rasher fully around the onion and hold in place with a tooth pick.
- Place into baking tray and top with BBQ sauce.
- Bake on 200 c for 40 minutes