GLUTEN FREE APPLE CRUMBLE
This recipe has been adapted from the Alive and Cooking website to be gluten free and it is oh so yummy! I’ve been making this as a family favourite for so long. It’s so easy and quick to put together if you have some last minute guests or if you just feel like a nice comforting dessert.
- 5-6 apples, roughly peeled and diced (see note)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 350g gluten free plain flour
- 250g butter chopped into cubes
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
The Famous Gluten Free Mumma’s Pasties
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Add apples and lemon in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- In a bowl, massage the flour, butter and sugar with your fingertips until it forms a sandy like texture.
- In a large baking tray, add apples. Add mixed spice and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture over the top until all apples are covered.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden and brown and apples are bubbling.
- Leave some skin on the apples. This gives extra nutrition and also helps keep the apples from going too mushy.
- When mixing the flour, sugar and butter you may need to add additional flour until the desired consistency is formed.
Show us your finished product if you make this yummy dessert!
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook.
Love, Jody – The Gluten Free Mumma.