GLUTEN FREE VANILLA SLICE
The secret ingredient for the “pastry” is Eskal deli crackers. They add a flaky base and top that taste like the real thing! You have to give this a try!
- 250g gluten free custard powder (we used Well & Good)
- 350ml water
- 350 ml milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pkt eskal deli crackers
- 2 cups gluten free icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- Chocolate topping
Buy The Gluten Free Mumma Variety Box
- Add custard powder to a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, water and oil.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add a layer of Eskal deli crackers to the bottom of a square tray.
- Add custard mixture and smooth the top.
- Add the top layer of Eskal deli crackers.
- In a mixing bowl, add the icing sugar and 1 tbsp milk.
- Whisk until smooth. Add remaining milk and whisk. The consistency should be thick but thin enough to pour.
- Add lines of chocolate sauce and use a toothpick or the back of a spoon to drag the icing into a pattern.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
Happy eating 🙂
Hugs and happiness,
Jody – The Gluten Free Mumma