Gluten free wonton wrapper recipe
A great gluten free wonton wrapper recipe is hard to come by, but you need one if you want to make delicious traditional Chinese recipes like dumplings and egg rolls. Most commercially available wonton wrappers are definitely not gluten free, so finding a reliable gluten free recipe is a must. Next time you have a craving for wontons, eggrolls or other Chinese dumplings, this is your go to gluten free wonton wrapper recipe.
Use this recipe to encase whatever fillings you like, or make dumplings or even homemade gluten free egg rolls with these wrappers.
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 2 Tbs. water
- Whisk together flour and salt in a small bowl; in a separate bowl combine the eggs and water. Slowly stir the egg mixture into the flour with a fork and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and cover one half while working with the other.
- Prepare a clean counter or pastry mat by generously flouring with more gluten free flour. Flour a rolling pin as well, then turn one half of the dough out onto the floured mat and roll gently in each direction until the dough is evenly thinned, almost so thin you can see through it.
- Measure 11– 12cm squares and cut with a pastry cutter or butter knife. Layer each square on top of each other on a plate and cover with a damp tea towel while preparing the remaining dough. Re-roll the dough scraps to create more wrappers, so that all the dough is used to make approximately 10 wonton wrappers.
- Use wrappers in your recipe before they dry out, or cover and refrigerate for 3-5 days until ready to use in your recipe. They will get somewhat more fragile with refrigeration, so bring to room temperature before rolling and spritz with more water if necessary.
Makes 10 wonton wrappers; recipe is easily doubled.