THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
Do I even need an introduction to this? I mean, who doesn’t love green curry? I must admit, I am a huge sooky-la-la when it comes to spice so for me to eat a curry is almost unheard of. This one, however, is not spicy at all and the best part is you can make as mild or as hot as you like without compromising on flavour. This isn’t a gluten free dish, it just happens to be gluten free by ingredient so great to cook for anyone!
RECIPE: Vietnamese Beef and Lemongrass Stew
I also love this one because it is yet another dish that I can hide vegies in and they don’t have to be specific. Just grab whatever you need to use in your fridge and throw those bad boys in.
My terrible photo of the bowl of vegies I used
I have cheated and I have used a jar of green curry paste, however, if you have the time to make your own paste then you will get a much more intense flavour.
- 750g chicken thigh
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1tbsp minced ginger
- Vegetables of your choice (see note)
- 1 tbsp thai green curry paste (see note)
- 1 can coconut cream
Simmer, Simmer, Chicken dinner!
- Add onion, garlic and ginger to pan and cook on a high heat until onion is just starting to soften
- Add remaining vegetables and cook until softened slightly. Set vegetables aside
- Cook chicken in batches until it is all cooked
- Add the vegetable back in to the pan
- Add the curry paste and coconut cream
- Mix and simmer for approximately 10 minutes
- Serve with steamed rice
- This recipe is a little decadent as it uses coconut cream. If you would like a lower fat option you can use light cream with coconut essence instead.
- The vegetables I used were zucchini, broccolini, mushrooms, asparagus and baby corn
- I used the green curry paste from Aldi because it is VERY mild, however any will do. For extra heat, add additional curry paste.
Let me know if you have made this dish and what you thought. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for more recipes, reviews and all things gluten free.
Love and happiness,
Jody – The Gluten Free Mumma xx