The Best Gluten Free Yorkshire Pudding – Think you have to miss out on Yorkshire Pudding? You don’t have to with our absolutely delicious recipe! This is by far the best Yorkshire Pudding out there, yes i am that confident. They are so good you will no longer bother making ‘normal’ yorkshires as these are just as good, if not better, and the whole family will love them.
- 115 g gluten free selfraising flour
- 142 ml milk
- 142 ml water (half milk and half water)
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 medium egg
- 30 g vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to 220°C
- Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl: make a well in the centre with a wooden spoon.
- Drop the egg and half the milk and water mixture into it.
- Gradually work the flour into the egg and milk and water mixture to form a smooth creamy texture.
- Slowly add the rest of the milk and water mixture and then beat well.
- Heat the oil in 8-10 patty tins or in a 23x18cm tray (9×7-inch tin) in the oven.
- When the oil begins to smoke, pour in the batter.
- Bake in the top of the oven until well risen and brown; about 20 minutes for the small pudding or 45 minutes for the large pudding.
- Serve immediately with your roast meal or serve it with golden syrup and cream.
Mumma’s Tip: Really ensure that the oil is very hot before putting the batter in the tins.